The following articles have been compiled as a resource to parents. If you have an article that you would like to share, please send it to email@example.com
- The Promise of Wilderness Therapy – a comprehensive guide to how and why wilderness therapy can be a solution for at-risk youth. The book may be purchased at www.aee.org
- Sending a Lost Boy to the Wilderness to Find Himself
- Therapeutic School Placement: Parallel Processes of Change in Children and Their Parents
Molly Baron, M.A.
- How To Talk To Your Teen
Robyn Warner, M.S., Three Springs, Inc.
- The Parent Process
R. Dean Porterfield, M.A., N.C.C., L.P.C., MHSP
- Adolescent Care, A Landscape of Change
Kimball DeLaMare, LCSW, Island View Residential Treatment Center and The Oakley School
- Signs of Use, Abuse and Addiction
Larry J. Wells, LSAC, CAC
- Placing the Right Child in the Right Facility for the Right Reasons
Jared Balmer, Ph.D.
- Troubled Teens Need Proven Intervention, Not Boot Camp - Seven questions to help parents find a safe and effective alternative
- MADI Resource Center
- Internet – Resource or Danger to a Child in Recovery
Brian J. Bulemore, MA, CADC III, WFR
- Bringing the Expedition Home: Incorporating Good Food and Exercise into your Family’s Routine
Catherine Freer Clinical Director Kevin Riley, LCSW, CADC
- Maximizing the Outcome of Residential Treatment
Stephen G. Biddulph, M.A.
- Educating Your Troubled Teen
Emmanuel A. Argiros and Sidney F. Parham, Ph.D.
- Choosing Happiness
- 10 Questions Parents Should Ask About Distance Learning
Questions for parents to ask to find the differences in distance learning schools